. . SHOP THE POST . .
The house is coming along slooooowly but surely! Right now our potential move in date is somewhere between December 1st + 8th!! We are feeling like we should make a paper chain count down to celebrate! With that being said, there has definitely been a lot of progress since my last post! I thought it was a good time for a house update to give you an idea of where we are!
- First off the paint is done and I am SO happy with the color! It is exactly what I was hoping for, which made such a stressful choice worth it!
- Tile + Showers are allll in!! The hardware for the bathrooms + kitchens arrived this week too!
- Next week the wood should be installed! This update alone might be my very favorite one! We had so many set backs + challenges, but I know it will be worth the wait!
- Half the cabinets are in and they will finish those up this week too!
- Appliances come the day after Thanksgiving and I can’t even wait! I feel like they will be the thing that make the kitchen feel complete. I’m dying to see it come together!
- Also the yard should be done the week of Thanksgiving too! The trees will look dead thanks to winter, but I’m so excited for the little people to have a big open space to run around in after being cooped up in the rental.
It has been a long road with more than our fair share of delays and set backs. We were suppose to move in, in September, so that has been a hard pill to swallow. Also squishing our family of 5 in to a tiny 2 bedroom rental for so much longer than we planned has been far from ideal. But we are really trying to remember everything happens for a reason, and look for the blessings in this crazy time of our lives.
The biggest blessing we’ve had with the delay, is the chance it has given us the chance to save more money for our down payment. Because we have been living in a 2 bedroom apartment with no cable/tv..or any other bills besides 1 credit card payment, we have been able to save more than planned and it has helped out so much.
We may only have furniture for the Master Bedroom + the nursery…but being able to spend the Christmas season in our home as a family is the best present I could ask for!! Let me know if you guys have any questions about anything. Building, picking out items, delays, anything and I will try and answer the best I can in the next house update post. Love you all + thank you for your support!!