It should come as no surprise to you that allll the food needs its own category. What can I say, we like to eat! Haha! We really aren’t such foodies at home, there is just something about vacation eating that makes it that much better! Plus having grown up in St George + having our family still living there, we’ve had a lot of years to rack up our favorites!
- paulas : If you like Mexican food, you will LOVE paula’s! My Grandpa’s best friend from college owned it so it has always been a family favorite. Their chips + salsa is my absolute favorite!! We even convinced her to give us the secret recipe and we make it all the time. So so good!
- pasta factory : My moms friend owns it, and it has always been one of our go to spots for big family get togethers. I love that they have a good variety. I LOVE pasta so that is my pick, but joe + the little people can still get pizza! Plus their bread twists…out of this world!
- larsen’s frost top drive-in : This is the cutest little family owned drive-in. It opened back in 1965 and is the best diner/drive in menu. They have these amazingly greasy goodness fries called Picadilly Chips… my mouth is watering just thinking about them.
- bear paw : If you are a big breakfast fan, you’ll love Bear Paw. This is probably my dad’s favorite place to eat in St George. They have like 10 different kinds of waffles + french toast alone, + crepes, pancakces…anything you can think of!
- irmita’s : I almost can’t even believe I’m putting this one on the list. It is kind of a hole in the wall, but what it lacks in looks they make up for in taste. Joe + his brothers love it and go all the time. If you like real deal mexican food, you’ll love it!
- freddy’s : This one probably isn’t new to most of you, but it had to make the cut. We love a good burger + fries, and freddy’s is probably our favorite. It is the perfect place for a family because its super affordable + has a lot of options the little people love too!
…FAVORITE FAMILY FUN…
St George is FULL of fun things to do. Whether you are going with your girlfriends, family, or just your hubby, there is so much to do! I tried to narrow down all of our favorites to do as family, but really they’d be just as fun no matter who you’re with!
- pioneer park : Pioneer Park is such a fun place to let your little people explore. The red rock is stunning! It is full of little nooks + boulders to crawl + climb on and get some energy out. There are amazing views of the city too!
- bike/hiking trails : You don’t have to look hard to find a good trail in St George. Whether you want to take a family walk/bike ride, or try something a little more strenuous, you’ll find it there! We love going on family walks in the evenings + just enjoying the beautiful area.
- tonaquint park : Tonaquint Park is by far our favorite spot in St George. It is such a FUN park. There is a huge open area that is great for running around or playing soccer. The playground area is an all abilities park, which I think is so awesome. The swings, slides, and just everything is made so even if your little ones are in a wheel chair, they can enjoy the same fun as the other kids. My little people especially love the zip line! There is also a fun train ride that goes around the whole park area that my people, especially Houston love! It is definitely a must stop if you are in the area!
- town square splash pad : St George is a warm one, especially when summer rolls around. One of our favorite spots to cool down is the town square splash pad. It is not your average splash pad! In addition to the sprays + fountains, there is also a lazy river that runs down the middle. It is only a few inches deep but so fun for the little people to splash around or sit in to cool down.
- children’s museum : This is right in town square next to the splash pad and a great place to cool down in the summer. It has a bunch of different “real life” interactive areas to play, like a grocery store, airplane, post office, etc. It’s only $5 and my people love it!
- boating : One of our favorite things to do in St George is go boating with Joe’s family. Both Quail Creek + Sand Hollow are within about 15 minutes of St George and so fun! Sand Hollow has a great “beach area” for the little people to play or to set up a picnic area and just lounge too.
- golf : St George is known for its amazing golf courses + it’s one of Joe’s favorite things to do with his brothers when we go down. There are so many good courses to choose from, but their favorite is Sand Hollow.
- red moutain spa : This spa is incredible! It is actually a tradition that for Christmas my dad treats all of us girls to a mini spa day here. They have a yummy lunch that they put in a package deal with 1 or 2 services for a discounted price. It is such a gorgeous place to just relax + catch up with my favorite girls!
- fiesta fun : This is a new addition to our list but quickly becoming a favorite! They have all kinds of things to do including mini golf, bowling, laser tag, go carts, pretty much you name it! We love reserving their “b lounge” for family parties. It is like your own private bowling room with 4 lanes, its own seating + bathroom. It is the perfect way to still have the bowling fun as a huge group, but keep all the little people (especially the wild babies) trapped in one space!
These are our family favorites, but I’d love to hear all of yours too so we can try them out!!