Hey Guys! It’s Hunter, here for another Teen Takeover!!! Today we are talking all things CELL PHONES! Lots of people have been asking about my phone + if I have rules on it. And the answer is YES!! I have a lot …like so many rules. So I thought I would explain those in a little more detail and the deal I have with my parents in order to even have a phone.
Where do I even start with the rules. There are so many! I know it is for my own good, but they are still hard! Here are the main rules:
- I have to have my screen time tracker turned on always, and I have a time limit for different apps, music, texting, pretty much everything. This lets my parents decide what apps I’m allowed to have, and how see how much time I am spending on them.
- I DO NOT have internet, email or honestly any social media app AT ALL. Also, I cannot purchase or delete anything without my parents passcode. So everything I do goes through them. I don’t even have the app store on my phone!
- I also have “downtime” set up on my phone. Downtime is set at 9:00 pm to 9:00 am. This is when I am not able to use my phone. Sometimes when I am out with friends my mom will extend the time but for the most part those are my hours.
- I am not allowed to take my phone downstairs in my room or use it on Sunday or during family time.
- The phone is my “parents phones”. They do not give us electronics as gifts. That way they have full rights to look at it and/or take it away whenever they want.
So as you can see, although I do have a phone, it comes with a lot of rules. It makes it kind of hard sometimes, but it’s all good! My relationship with my parents is really good and I talk with them about anything + everything. We discuss rules + they are willing to see my side and adjust things sometimes too. I’m just so grateful to have a phone, but not feel like I need to be glued to it like a lot of young kids.
Another option my mom did for my brother and sister is the new Gabb phone. I wish it would’ve existed when I was younger so I didn’t have to have the embarrassing flip phone! It looks just like an iphone, but doesn’t have any internet, and can only call/text the people your parents program in. You can take pictures but not send any. My mom talks about it more on her IG, and she has a code (KAILEE45) to make it $45! Click here to check it out if you are interested.
If you want to check out more of my TEEN TAKEOVERS click the links below!