You guys… I have to start off by saying a huge thank you! I don’t know why I am still surprised, but every single time I reach out with a question, whether it be about parenting, home design, something personal, or in this case constipation, no matter what you guys always come out in full force with sooo much helpful advice and I could not be more grateful for you taking the time to support not only me, but the little community we’ve built here.
So as some of you may know, Houston has always kind of struggled in the poop department. The poor little guy is constantly struggling with constipation. I was feeling at my wits end like we had tried just about everything out there! So like I always do when I need some advice, I turned to you guys and oh my did you come through!! I promised to share all of the helpful tips in case any of you and your littles are going through the same struggle. So below I’ve shared the top 8 recommendations! I’ll keep you all updated on what we try + hopefully what works!
- Miralax: This was by far the top suggestion so many of you gave! I would recommend checking with your pediatrician first, but once you have the okay, it is a great option!
- Kids Probiotics Vitamins: This was a very close second place, and one I never thought of myself! I’m excited to try this one for all my kids to get the added vitamins they need!
- Chiropractor Adjustment: I couldn’t believe how many of you recommended this! I’ve heard it can help with so many other issues for babies + kids so its definitely worth a shot!
- Drink lots of water: This one has always been a hard one for me, and I’m thinking my bad habit might rub off on my little people. Hoping something so easy can help!
- Eat the “P’s”: I have heard the usual “eat prunes” before, but didn’t realize the other P foods that can really help with digestion. You guys recommended Pears, Peas, Peaches, Plums, Prunes, and more!
- Culturelle Regularity: This is another one I would check with a Pediatrician first, but all of you that recommended it saw great results and fast! You can get it on amazon here.
- Happy Tots Fruit + Veggie Pouches: Really excited to try this one! I’m always up for an excuse to secretly sneak in more veggies, and those of you who recommended these say your kids love them and they really help “ease” things out! haha! Plus who doesn’t love the ease of those pouches with independent little toddlers?!
- DigestZen Oil: I don’t really use oils too often at our house, but the benefits of this one seem too good to be true!
I hope some of these suggestions help any of you out that are stuck in the same situation as us! I will keep you all updated on my stories with what I try + hopefully what is successful! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!