Okay Friends!! So today I am sharing ALL the rest of the details for our family’s most used living space…our living room + family room and why we chose what we did!! Plus, as part of our “OUR HOME” series I’ll be sharing through out the next few months all the rooms in our tiny little home here in Southern Cali and how we make it work with four little people. I’m hoping to take you all on a visual tour on Periscope (username : kaileewright) soon!! So go download the app and find me + I promise it’s a fun one!
I just love how this space turned out + how well it works for our family and our needs. If you’ve followed along on Instagram you’ve probably seen the slow transition to the space, as we have changed things around. I linked everything below + go into detail as to why we chose each item. AND the best new is… my friends over at Lulu & Georgia were so sweet to offer you all a discount code to help updated some space in your own home!! Just use the code : KWRIGHT20 at checkout to receive 20% off your ENTIRE purchase!!
- couch : So we used to have two smaller couches. We decided to go with a large sectional to gain more seating and fill up a bit more of the room with out wasting any space. (you know that small space between the two couches)
- yellow ottomans : Our old ottoman was quite large and couldn’t be moved around easy. We went with two smaller ottomans this time so they could actually be used for more seating if we needed and can easily be moved for when we need the extra space for entertaining.
- antique brass floor lamp : Oh my!! I just love this lamp!! I seriously have been looking for a GREAT floor lamp that will actually stay up!! I bought a few cheaper ones, but they all seemed to sag down and were not very sturdy if my little people came by or touched them. (I ended up returning them all) I watched and watched for this baby to go on sale and it finally did at West Elm + it had free shipping!! Sold! Honestly, the base on this thing is so heavy and study + I love that I can turn on the lamp with my foot by a little clicker on the floor. So worth every penny!
- rug w/lines : If you know me you know my love for Lulu & Georgia rugs!! They are just simply the best and hold up so well with my people.
- rug w/ squares : I knew I didn’t want just one big rug (since that is what we just did in our playroom) So when I saw the idea of combining or overlapping two smaller rugs I knew that is exactly what I wanted to do for this room! Plus, it ended up being cheaper then buying one really big rug. So keep that in mind when you need to cover a large amount of floor.
- kelim pillows : Okay, so I have an obsession for pillows!! I feel like you can never have to many…haha okay you can, but my love runs deep for these fluffy things!! Joe thinks it’s crazy, but I just love all the color and textures you can add into your room with pillows. And they don’t cost as much as a couch so you can always change them out or switch things up by moving them to another room or outside.
- fluffy lamb pillows (grey + navy) : These are THE softest pillows ever!! My kids fight over who gets to lay on them. I also love that they are so different then your usual fabric pillow.
- blue triangle blanket : We’ve always had a blanket close by the couch or in our ottoman. I think it makes your space feel more relaxed and “homey”. Of course I wouldn’t put a blanket in my formal living room (obviously because it’s suppose to be a more formal space) but a family room…always.
- white frames (similar here) : These frames are super simple and cheap and make any space look clean and modern. I love the “similar ones” from Target better because the mat is a true white! But of course I didn’t find that out until later.
- white side table : Super simple and clean for all our tv, dvd, and video game stuff that I don’t like. Haha.
- gold vase/planter : If there is one accessory you need to get for your home it’s this!! Gold is so fun right now and can pretty much go with any color in your home. I honestly move this planter around our house monthly to different spots just to change things up a bit. I’m planning on purchasing a few more because I ended up loving it that much!
Well I hope this helps answer all of your questions?! Thanks so much for your daily support + for being such sweet friends!! Happy Friday!!
SHOP THE POST
MORE OF MY FAVORITE HOME ITEMS
photos : Corissa Ann