Getting ready for baby can be a bit overwhelming. But if you simplify things into categories it can take a little stress out of it all. These are the five things I usually try to do before any of my babies come.
. . SHOP MY FAVORITE BABY GIRL ITEMS . .
- wash all baby clothes: This is a definite must! Babies will go through so many outfits before you know it. Having their clothes washed and ready for when you come home will save you so much time.
- stock freezer + fridge: This is especially essential if you have other little people running around! When you get home with a brand new baby, you usually don’t want to leave home. Having your fridge + cupboards stocked and ready will relieve a ton of stress of trying to figure out what to do for dinner + lunches.
- wash bottles + binkis + pump (if you use one) : Once again, this will save you lots of time when you get home. Everything is prepped and ready for baby.This is just one less thing to worry about.
- get a mani + pedi: This is a personal favorite! I don’t know about you, but after I get home with baby I usually don’t leave house for a few days + and never get ready! Having a mani + pedi already done makes me feel just a little more put together when I’m having those days of staying in my robe and pajamas all day.
- get your house cleaned: This one is a favorite or me. I always feel better and less stressed when I have a clean home. You’re already going to be so tired when you come home from the hospital, and cleaning a dirty home will be on the last of your to do list. Plus, you should be resting + snuggling a baby – not cleaning. Although it doesn’t last long at our house (with 4 little people running around), there is still no better feeling than coming home to a clean house + not having to worry about it!
xx – kails
photos: corissa ann