When coming up with a tradition, I wanted it to be something timeless + practical. I really wanted it to be something simple enough that we could continue to do it for years to come. But exciting for all of us to look forward to too. I loved the Christmas pajama thing on Christmas Eve. But it always bothered me that you had to wait until Christmas Eve, to wear your holiday pajamas. Plus within 24 hrs the holiday was over. So I decided to put a little twist on it for my people. Every year on Thanksgiving night, the little people get to open their new Christmas pajamas, so we can enjoy them all December long!
I love any chance I can get to make my people match, and that definitely applies to this pajama tradition. As Hunter has gotten older, and our age range has grown, it’s been harder to find coordinating picks that work. So I was thrilled when I came across Gymboree’s Holiday Collection. They have pajamas as small as newborn all the way up to a size 12 for both boys + girls that go together, so I could grab all of them in once place. I also love that they aren’t the cheesy options you find in a lot of holiday pajamas. I like to keep them fun for the kids, but love keeping it to a simple pattern and Gymboree’s options are exactly that!
It’s such a simple tradition, but one that brings us closer together and always brings out that extra excitement in my people! I love reliving these special moments through their eyes. Plus how fun it is to be a kid again so we try to fit in as many fun traditions as we can! Some of our other favorites are below!
. HOLIDAY TRADITIONS .
- Decorating the Tree… As simple as it is, the little people always have a countdown going for this tradition, because it officially means the holidays have begun! We love to turn the fun Christmas songs up loud, and dance around while we decorate!
- Polar Express Night… Every year we plan out a night that will be our Polar Express night. We get in our comfy new jammies, snuggle up together, and watch The Polar Express and drink hot chocolate.
- 12 Days of Christmas Books… We have done this tradition for the longest, and one of my very favorites! At the beginning of the month I wrap up 12 Christmas Books. Every night counting down to Christmas Eve, my people get to choose a book to open and snuggle up to read together. It has been a great tradition to help us take the time to slow down + just be together during the rush of the season.
- Gingerbread Houses… We can’t forget about Gingerbread House decorating. With Hunter + Hudson getting older, it has turned to a more competitive tradition that we all love! I love seeing their creative designs + their totally different personalities shine through.
- Christmas Lights… This one is by far the simplest, but so fun for the littles too. We all load up in the van in our new jammies and favorite blankets, and drive around the city into different neighborhoods looking at the different Christmas lights. It will be so fun to be in a new spot this year and find new favorites!
Whatever your traditions might be, the holiday season is the best time to be a kid, am I right?! I love to just see their eyes light up at all of the magic that comes this time of year. So you know I always love to hear from you friends. So what are some of your favorite traditions + I’ll add them to the list above so we all can enjoy them!! Love you guys!!
in partnership with Gymboree
photos: aubrey taiese