Knowing Harper is our last baby has been such a different experience. I think for us, it has reminded us to enjoy every little minute since these will be our last “baby firsts”. When it came to designing Harper’s Nursery, I really wanted to savor every minute. I knew it was the last little nursery I’d be creating. So I really wanted it to be a place I loved that I could soak up allll the baby goodness in. If you remember in our California home I had my sweet friend, Annalisa from Oilo Studio help me help put her creative touch on the space. Cause she’s amazing + her eye for modern baby design is out of this world. I could not be happier with how it turned out!
If you’ve been here for a while, you probably saw that we originally designed Harper’s Nursery in the tiny rental. I love that I was able to take that same design, and transform it into her current space. Since she is a little bigger and more curious, we moved the art to hang the opposite direction so she couldn’t pull it down. The new house is also full of big bright windows, which we love. However, that light does come as a downfall when it comes to nap time. We were beyond thrilled to get our new blinds in from Park City Blinds. I love that we can still enjoy that bright happy light during play time, but she can sleep peacefully once they are down.
I think my favorite thing about Harper’s Nursery is the rug, and by the amount of direct messages I get about it, I think it is yours too! haha! I can’t say enough good about it, or the other details in the room from Serena + Lily. Every single piece from them I own is such high end quality, but still gives off a warm cozy vibe. You can probably already see my love for them in the family room, but I just love the way they can pull a space together and be the finishing touch it needs.
I am so happy that we decided to add a bathroom as part of Harper’s Nursery space. It probably seems like overkill now when she is just tiny, but has actually been so convenient for easy clean up. We love knowing she can grow into the space instead of out of it so quickly. Also it gives us an option to change her room into the guest room later. We also tried to keep it clean + modern by just adding this simple light from Lighting Design. On a complete side note, if you need modern + affordable lighting, you have got to go there. I can’t even tell you how amazing their girl Mendee is to work with! She made all my indecisiveness and stress go away in the lighting world!
Having this sweet little girl join our family has been exactly what we needed to complete the puzzle. So I’m sure it is no secret that we are all beyond obsessed with her! I can’t believe she is already 15 months!! I wanted to share a little update as well on what she is up to and in to these days!
- She is walking like a pro and has even mastered the stairs, which gave me a heart attack watching her learn!!
- I’m sure you can tell by those chunky thighs and adorable baby belly that she loves alllll the food. I don’t think she has tried something she doesn’t like!
- We took her with us to go see the new puppies and she is now obsessed with dogs! She loves to steal all of Houston’s toy/stuffed ones and carry them around with her.
- Officially thinks that since she can walk, she is one of the big people now. She is always trying to keep up with them. If they take off running down the sidewalk she is waddling after them like “wait for me guys!” haha!
- Thinks it is fun to refuse her second nap. I don’t see the same fun it that she does, but can you even get mad at that face?!
We could not be happier or more in love with our chunky little final piece to our family. Now if we could just figure out how to freeze time so she stops growing up so fast! Do you feel like your people are growing up too fast?!
photos : aubrey taiese