Since we’ve moved to St. George, I’ve gotten a ton of requests and DM’s asking about what to do/eat in St. George! Since Joe and I both grew up here, we’re more old school with our recommendations, but we’ve got a lot of newer recommendations from friends + family!
OUR ST. GEORGE TRAVEL GUIDE
St. George has the yummiest restaurants! Listed all our favorites – new and old!
- Paula’s – the BEST Mexican food. My grandpa’s best friend from college owned it, so it’s always been a family favorite.
- The Pasta Factory – it’s always been our go-to spot for big family get togethers. They have the best salad bar, pizza, and pasta. And their garlic bread twists are out of this world!
- Larsen’s Frost Top Drive-In – this is the cutest family-owned drive-in. It opened in 1965 and is the best diner for families. Yummiest ice cream too!!
- Bear Paw Cafe – if you’re a breakfast fan, you’ll love Bear Paw! This is my dad’s favorite place to eat because they have 10 different kinds of waffles + french toast alone!
- First Watch – is another great breakfast/brunch cafe. They have the yummiest juices!
- The Sugar Cookie – by far the best sugar cookies out there….even better than Swig! Love that it’s a family-owned business too.
- Mixed Greens – is phenomenal! Their homemade chocolate chip cookies are to die for. They have the yummiest acai + rice bowls. Family owned business in a gas station.
- Irmita’s – is a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant, but Joe absolutely loves their food!
- Xetava – is our favorite place to eat. Their food is fresh and delicious. It’s a bit of a drive, but worth it. They’ve got coffee, drinks, fun desserts, and wine if that’s your thing.
: FAMILY FRIENDLY ACTIVITIES
St. George is FULL of fun things to do. Whether you’re going with your girlfriends, family, or your spouse, there are so many fun options!
- Tonaquint Park – by far our favorite spot in St. George. There is a huge open area that is great for running around + playing soccer! Such a fun playground for the kids too!
- Town Square Splash Pad – we go here to cool off! It’s not your average splash pad, it has fountains, sprays, and even a lazy river right down the middle! It’s only a few inches deep, but so fun for the little kids.
- Fiesta Fun – my kids go there with their friends and absolutely love it! They have laser tag, bowling, an arcade, food, and more!
- Golfing – any golf course in St. George is beautiful! That’s always what Joe and the guys want to do. Joe’s favorite is the Sand Hollow course.
- Hiking – our family loves to hike the Dixie rock. When we were kids, they didn’t have parking or anything up there. But there’s parking up there now and fun hikes to do with the family!
- Laser Mania – my dad always takes the kids to do this! Such a fun laser tag place!
- Big Shots – recently opened up on St. George! It’s just like Top Golf. It’s such a fun spot for families! My boys absolutely love it.
- Lakes- we’re total lake people so we love going to Quail lake and Sand Hollow! Sand Hollow has the cliff jumping that everyone loves. We love hiring Tanner with Tanner Wake Boat Rentals to take us out on the boat every summer! He’s the best! I also grew up going to Gunlock reservoir which is really fun too!
- Children’s Museum – this is right next to the town square splash pad. It has a bunch of different “real life” interactive areas to play like a grocery store, airplane, post office, etc. My kids love it!
- Red Mountain Spa – is incredible! It’s tradition for my dad to treat us girls to a spa day around Christmas time. It’s such a gorgeous place to relax + catch up with my favorite girls!
picture via pinterest
. . .
I hope this helps! When it comes to hotels or places to stay, I’m not much help. We’ve always just stayed with family, but I’ve heard that Desert Color has some incredible Airbnb’s!